Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lots of 8’s


I've gone through all the individual cards and the suits, now I am looking at the numbers. What does it mean if we draw lots of 8's in our reading?


Whenever I think of the figure 8, I see it lie sideways, and make the shape of infinity… Eight in tarot is a number of karma and destiny. It also asks us to see things clearly.


I like the progression from the 8 of wands, energy wasted, to the 8 of swords, feeling trapped, to the 8 of cups, walking away with wisdom, to the 8 of pentacles, solidly back in the groove. The eights encourage us to evaluate our situation, let go of what doesn’t work, and make way for the new.

The image of the 8 in crop circles comes from psychedelic adventure
The beautiful quilt of the 8 of cups was made by Joyce Hartley

No comments:

Post a Comment