Saturday, June 17, 2023

When the cards tell you what you don't want to hear



I had a difficult reading the other day.  A client came in to ask how a very important court case was going to go... and the cards were not at all hopeful.  I looked at him and shook my head.  The cards don't see it going your way,  I said softly.  There wasn't a lot I could do to fix the situation.  Sometimes you have to fold your hand and try another.  


I heard back from him recently.  As the cards foretold,  the court case did not go his way.  Now he has to decide whether to fight on.   I know that an injustice has happened, but if you spend the rest of your life fighting it,  it consumes you and your future.  It's already eaten some of your past. I had to ask him, how much more is he prepared to give to this fight?  How much will he gain? What would happen if he just walked away.  He told me he wanted better cards, and I sighed and agreed. But these were the cards he drew,  and now we just have to deal with the reality that he faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment