Tuesday, June 6, 2023

I've got to stop buying tarot decks!

I try not to be a hoarder  but some decks are so charming and I just want to warm them in my hands!


I just bought the Modern Witch Tarot Deck and they are charming but smaller than I expected.  Traditionally tarot decks are quite a bit larger than regular playing cards,  which makes them harder to shuffle, but easier to see all the fine details during the reading. The Modern Witch cards the size of a regular playing deck which made them feel too small in my hands,  but were still so interesting to look at.  Lots of decks have very white, male dominated images,  but this deck is much more diverse and with all female characters,  but still clearly based on the Rider Waite images. 


And now I'm coming across the Light Seers Tarot deck.  I recently put up it's Empress card as a beautiful rendition of that concept. Then,  when I was looking for alternate versions of the star card,  every single random card I loved came from this deck.  I'm hoping that putting it out here in the universe and showing others it's beauty means I've shared them enough!  Then again,  the odds are high that they will fall into my hands soon... 

Edited to add - of course I've bought them!  I just love Tarot art! 

No comments:

Post a Comment