Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Keeping it real


Sometimes things just interest you,  because of the time and effort other people put into it.  I'm not remotely high fashion.  Even making that statement,  makes me laugh,  as if I ever could be.  But I like looking at beautiful people in beautiful clothes, and why not.


So I look at Met Gala images or Oscar Night or other huge fashion events,  just to see what people are wearing.  And I came across the name Law Roach,  a fashion stylist who is the current zeitgeist.  I literally only knew his name,  nothing else.  


And then I came across this interview with him in The Cut,  and it's actually one of the most honest and interesting interviews about any industry,  that I've read.  It increased my respect for him a thousand fold.  I always say that tarot is a conversation,  where the most honest you are,  the more you get out of it.  And seeing this man be so blazingly honest in such a public venue,  letting himself be vulnerable and bold like that,  it's a rare pleasure.  So now that I know so much more about him,  I'm sorry he's leaving being a stylist but so happy that he is following his joy,  and I look forward to seeing what more he can bring to the world of fashion and creativity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment