Sunday, February 12, 2023

Emotions are Energy


One of my regulars came to me and said since her last breakup (he was unfaithful multiple times,  she caught him by seeing his phone) she's just full of rage and doesn't know what to do about it.  I said that Anger is Energy,  she needs to find a way to dispel it. 

When I'm furious,  yoga doesn't work for me. All that controlled breathing and slow movement just makes me more agitated.  But a good long fast walk,  by the Hudson river, could work wonders. If you are feeling overwhelmed,  you need a way to displace that energy -  I find dancing gives me joy,  so a good zumba class,  can leave me smiling.  


Find some movement you love,  that makes you feel empowered,  then go do that.  I often suggest kick boxing to (younger,  fitter) women.  And I get lots of feedback that it helped.  Get sweaty,  move about,  and then the anger burns itself out.  Then jump to the beat,  give yourself some joy,  and let the happiness come back in. 



No comments:

Post a Comment