Monday, October 22, 2012

Information



There are no secrets anymore… I can’t tell you how many people come in to me having found out about affairs via  smartphones - looking at texts or phone log history.  As a family we recently updated to the iphone 5, and unbeknownst to me, all the photos I took appeared in the photostream that my husband and son could automatically see, unedited by me (even if I deleted the photo on my phone, it will still be there on the photo stream)

Now it just so happens that my photos are either mundane or work related,  but still,  I felt a bit uneasy that so much was shared without my being aware of it. So this is my public service announcement – if you have a shared family plan, especially on iphones, then the paying party has access to all sorts of information.  And if you buy the new iphone and don’t want all your pictures shared with all the other plan members, then change your settings...

No comments:

Post a Comment