Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Celebrating July 4th


July 4th is the official start of summer, the outdoor pools are all open, the kids are all on holidays, it’s a day for bbq’s and fireworks…
I was reading through pages of quotes for a July 4th message – many uplifting, many about liberty and death, quite a few just direct quotes from the declaration on independence.  But the one that caught my eye and which I really found myself agreeing with was this one - There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.  Bill Clinton


Every nation, family, person has things that are right with them and things that are wrong with them.  To believe that any nation, family, person is all right or all wrong is just too simplistic.  But to believe that what is right about us can fix what is wrong about us… that’s a great belief system!  I believe it is true for America as a nation, and it’s true for individual Americans too…

No comments:

Post a Comment