Monday, March 19, 2012

The cards just know...


People often ask me how I can be so sure of the cards,  and I say it’s because I see it every day… 

The other day a woman came to me,  we did the cold reading, where I don't know anything about her,   and there were some troublesome cards there – 10 of swords,  justice reversed,  page of swords.  But when I mentioned them she just shrugged and said they didn’t apply to her.  She was here to talk about whether to have a second child.  Her marriage was in a good space and she was worried that a second baby would change things, but it was the right time… so we talked about that for a while but the cards gave it no traction.  They were not interested in that topic at all. 

Finally we drew some cards on her marriage, and there was the tower.  And I looked at her and I hate to say this to people - if they think their marriage is in a good space, who I am to tell them any different? - but these cards were really clear. So I said there was something destructive going on, and until that was cleared,  I couldn’t get any other information.

And she looked at me,  and her eyes teared up and she said,  I didn’t want to talk about this,  this is not what I came here to discuss… and then she told me of her 3 year affair and how it has ended recently because he has married someone else.  


This is not something I could have known or suspected, but this is something the cards saw very clearly, and no decision about whether to have another child could be made without taking it into account…



All these beautiful images are by Andy Cherewick

No comments:

Post a Comment