Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Much to be thankful for


Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday. I like it for lots of reasons, but mainly because a) the food is delicious, b) there is no crazy gift buying agenda and c) it asks us to be Thankful. I’m always grateful to be reminded of things to be thankful for.


I don’t want to sound so pure, like I don’t get snarky and mean… but I do think we rush through our lives and the details sometimes blur, and taking a day (or three!) to prepare a festive feast, or to sit with others who have prepared food with love and care, and then to have time to walk in the woods and see the earth get ready to wind down for winter, leaves making a soft cushion, ready for snow, helps us become part of the life cycle again.


I know we are always separating ourselves from nature, being warmer or cooler than the weather outside, being dryer or cleaner than any animal could be. But I think it’s always worthwhile to remember life goes in cycles. That thanksgiving and autumn fall in the same time, that family and food are precious to me and that it really is only about time together, that there is no gift giving frenzy, just makes this my favorite holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment