Friday, March 22, 2024

Kindle


I've been an avid reader all my life.  I was a late adopter to ebooks,  because I like physical books so much.  But a lot of the weird genre books I read (sci fi, fantasy,  post apocalyptic) ,  don't always come out in paperbacks,  and the ebooks were so much cheaper. So in 2014 or so I leapt in and bought a Kindle.


I have not looked back.  They are great for travelling - literally half my carryon used to be books,  and now it all fits into one slim volume.  I assuage any anxiety by always having a book on me,  and with Kindle,  I have 30 plus books on me!  So much more relaxing! 


I like them for reading,  but I love them for rereading.  I've got highlights and notes and thoughts and it becomes like a diary.  I can see what impressed me then,  what impresses me now, it definitely improves the reread experience for me.


Recently,  I decided to reread a book I had in paperback,  and the font was just too small for me to comfortably read.  I actually rebought it in the kindle format (that's how much I love Lois McMaster Bujold!)


And I just reread Dune - having seen both movies last week - they are so beautiful and so well cast!  Highly recommend both films! - in paperback and it's hard to read in bed with no back light, and I missed make highlights.  So I guess I am a kindle convert now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment