Thursday, August 17, 2023

The parable of the Wolf


I've read this in numerous variations but it always resonates...

A young boy sat with his grandfather who told him,  in you,  and in everyone, there are two wolves fighting.  One wolf is good - he is honorable, and kind and seeks wisdom and justice.  The other wolf is bad,  he is vengeful, cruel and angry and wants power.

Which one wins? asks the boy.

The one that you feed,  he replies.


I love that answer.  It explains everything. Firstly, that all of us have these two wolves - don't feel bad or shame that you have an angry cruel wolf inside.  But secondly,  you can do something about it. And that is,  don't feed it! Give your energy and your time to the honorable kind wolf,  and that is the self that will win... 


It's always such a good question to ask yourself - which wolf am I feeding right now?

I have to update this because I read the funniest meme: - 


I definitely have both dragons inside of me! And I love museums and museum gift shops.   



No comments:

Post a Comment