Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Five of Wands



In the Tarot, Fives represent mayhem and conflict. With the wands, at least, there is conflict, but there is also energy. This reminds me more of a group of boys bumping sticks and play fighting rather than overt malice. Some people thrive on a bit of adrenaline entering their lives. If you are one of those kinds of people, then this card means you are going to bump ideas with some folks, and jostle for position. If you are the kind of person who hates any kind of conflict, then this card is not so welcome, because conflict is coming. It’s not life threatening, but a certain push and shove, a jostling for attention is present here.



How we read that really depends on how we feel about that. I personally don’t like it when this sort of thing happens, but I know lots of people (more men, it has a kind of male energy to it) who love it, and feel clearer and stronger after a bit of rough housing. I like the bridesmaids image - which is more how females fight, and it strikes the right cord with me, this is the sort of fighting we're talking about - not bloody with enemies, but a little elbowing out of the way between friends (or frenemies...)



It’s funny as I look through the cards I realize that the inner child version is the one that comes up most in readings for me, and is more the familiar imnage. Here she is unfurling a flower, all by herself and the saying that the inner child book quotes is ‘and the day came when the risk to remain in tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom…’ and here she is, forcing herself to blossom. It’s more about an inner struggle, and it’s worth it.

I guess that’s what all the 5 of wands cards are saying – it’s a struggle but it’s worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment