Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Cranky Day

Disconnected,  by Suhair Sibai
I had a cranky day last week.  I had a person desperate for a time slot that was already booked, so I texted to double check that the original person wanted it and they did.  I hate disappointing people, but sometimes there is nothing you can do.  Then I texted the original person that I had arrived at the cafĂ© and was waiting, and they replied ok, and then they didn’t come.   Frankly I was annoyed, I could have seen someone else, and what is it with double confirming and not showing?  


So I was walking through my neighborhood, huffing and puffing under my breath.  Then a woman stops me and says, “Liat, do you remember me,” which is a difficult situation for me; I read for so many people and I don’t always recognize them out of context.  But as I looked at her, the details of her reading came back to me, “You work with chocolate,” I said and she smiled. And then she said, “I can’t afford to come right now, but I think of you and your readings all the time.” 

And there it was… I was really touched and my grumpiness just evaporated
 

No comments:

Post a Comment