Sunday, May 5, 2013

How do my readings work?


Tarot Deck by Ciro Marchetti

At the beginning, I prefer to know as little as possible about you. 
I always start with a cold reading and see what the cards tell me.  This doesn’t take long, and in that time I do all the talking.  The cards read the energy of what is going on in your life, showing where your energy is strong, and where it is stickier.  Even when I am reading for people a second time,  I always start by saying,  don’t tell me what’s been going on,  let me see what the cards say…

Childhood memories by KDH

After the cold reading I check in with you, does that sound true for you, is this what is going on?  Now, the more you talk, the richer the reading becomes! Together we look at the cards and see if we can get more information. After that I can try to answer any questions that you may have.  I personally work best when they are structured in a yes/no format.  (ie not where should I live? - that’s too broad.  Should I stay in New York? that’s a better question for the cards.)

Janelle Schneider,  the Self

And the hour passes swiftly by…

No comments:

Post a Comment