Tuesday, October 21, 2014

How Often Can I come and see you?

After a successful tarot reading, people often ask when they can come and see me again.  I usually say at least 3 -4 months,  otherwise the cards won’t have changed enough.

One of my regulars wanted to see me after about 2 months,  having a work situation she wanted to talk about.    Her last reading was July 31st,  she called me in October…  I make a post card summary of the cards for you to take home,  and take take a photograph of it for my notes, and her last reading was still on my phone.

So I had to laugh when I saw the cards.  Statistically, someone once explained to me how difficult and rare it was to get the same card in exactly the same spot, but the math got so complex I just accepted that it was very rare.  She had two identical duplicates (same card, same spot) and one similar (same card, different spot.) The very first card of her reading was exactly the same as the very first card of her last reading - Chariot Reversed.  (she does not feel like she is in the driver's seat)   And her near future card – still the Emperor. And she had one more duplicate, Lovers, but it was not in exactly the same position. 


I told her I was going to write about this.  She still in the same space and still drawing the same cards (but once she gets past the Emperor, things are getting better for her!) 


Skeptics sometimes say to me, but anyone could draw those cards, and I say no, only you are going to draw those particular cards…

So if you see me too soon, the cards won’t have shifted enough.  I often see my regulars once or twice a year, more if something serious or stressful is going on. But you can’t go to a tarot reading once a month – the cards will just repeat themselves – which at least will serve to increase your faith in them! 


The reason I have such faith in the cards is that I see this kind of magic all the time… 




These gorgeous tarot cards are from the Steampunk deck

No comments:

Post a Comment