Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Yelp and filtered reviews

I notice that I’ve had some harsher reviews on Yelp lately.  I don’t object to people voicing their heartfelt opinions, and you can never satisfy everyone, but I have real trouble with Yelp allowing those reviews in and filtering all the good reviews out.  I have 69 reviews filtered away.  If they put all the reviews,  good and bad,  I would be happy to see them all,  but filtering away the good and only leaving the bad?  Not so much! 

So every so often I like to pull one out and highlight it, to let you see some of the stuff that Yelp is hiding away.  If you want to read any filtered reviews you go to the bottom of my yelp page and click on the filtered review number, and then type in the code Yelp gives you, and they all come up.


This was written last year by a lovely woman I’ve now seen a few times:
She's so approachable and she's the real deal.
Liat cold read the cards for me and I was really astounded by the accuracy. I even used a pseudo name so that she could not research me prior to our appointment. We didn't speak at all... she started the conversation (which was pretty much one-way while she was reading!) Wow. That's all I could think... She was not vague at all. Details were spoken about that I didn't tell her (or ANYone).
I was not only impressed by her knowledge of the Tarot (yes, I know she *should* be), but her acute insight into the human psyche.
As an academic, I have studied psychology and am familiar with many "tricks of the trade" when it comes to psychic readers because I also studied the Tarot for a couple of years.
Why was I there? Because I have a lot of open issues that I just wanted some guidance on... You are not supposed to read your own cards, and I didn't want to talk to anyone who knew me, because I think their opinions are biased.
Plus, something about Liat completely made me at ease and open to the idea of a reading...I researched her reviews, too.  So I set up an appointment with a generic email address (so I couldn't be traced) and waited anxiously to meet with her.
If you have never been to a psychic before or you came to Yelp to check her reviews - you should just make the appointment and be the judge yourself.
I certainly was not disappointed with my reading and will see her again soon... after putting her advice and cards to the test, I feel as though I have more direction with issues that were once so bothersome.

Sunny K Lee,  Flower Vase and a Bird
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment