Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tarot Gardens


Pinned Image
When I started reading cards in the 70's there was little variety.  Basically you bought the one deck and 2 books the shop offered and had to be satisfied with that. But things have certainly bloomed since then! 
Every so often I just Google tarot images to see what comes up,  and this time I was floating around Pinterest (isn’t that a way to kill an hour or three!) and came across the Tarot Gardens in Tuscany   
 
I’ve never heard of them before,  but they have some amazing sculpture by Niki de Saint Phalle based on the Major Arcana tarot cards.  I particularly loved her version of the Hierophant, who really does look like this in my head too
More beautiful images from the garden here and on so many pinterest boards!  As a friendly warning, don’t go there after midnight or you won’t get to bed till 2 am!

No comments:

Post a Comment