I just read that Gloria Steinem died today. She's been famous all my life, striding forward and bringing us all along with her. I've always admired her courage and her fortitude.
Here are some of my favorite quotes of hers:-
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. Isn't that a truth!
We are the women our parents warned us against, and we are proud.
We’ll never solve the feminization of power until we solve the masculinity of wealth. That's such a profound thought. Until women own 50% of the world's wealth, it will be very hard for us to get to 50% of the world's power.
The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn. That's such an important one. We have so much to unlearn, and in order to do that, there has to be a great willingness to look at what we have been taught and examine it critically.
I'm glad we had her and she will be sorely missed.
Vale Gloria, it was glorious to have you!

No comments:
Post a Comment