Years ago, when I was first thinking of getting a tattoo, I decided that I would get the Jewel quote, In the end, only kindness matters. Because, actually, when you get into the depths of it all, that's what I believe. It's a choice we make, as a person, as a culture. And we don't hold it to high enough value. In the end, only kindness matters.
So much is luck, and you never know which end of the stick you will be - and as long as the world is kind, then it really doesn't matter, you'll survive anyways. But of course, the world is not kind. So we have to remind each other about kindness and it's essential importance.
Then I was clicking around youtube and some woman was reading poetry, not well. And I thought, surely there are better readers out there! So I randomly typed in Emma Thompson reading poetry, because I just love her voice. And I came across this:
And here is more to fundamentally agree with. Didn't know the poet Naomi Shihab Nye, but isn't this beautiful. Let's sit with it for a while, and breathe better...

No comments:
Post a Comment