Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Holidays


Each year around this time I write a little holiday message message. This year feels more poignant to me.  The sheer horror of what the community in Sandy Hook has had to endure and will continue to endure in years to come… how their loss is our loss.  It just makes me so sad and heavy inside.
I don’t want to go on a gun rant here.  I know why people want guns. They want to feel safe; to feel that they can protect themselves should need arise.  But it seems very clear to me that the more guns a society has, the less safe the society is as a whole. 
 
This Christmas I want us to know that there is much we can’t control in this universe, and while guns give the illusion of control, they don’t actually provide it.  I want us to cuddle our loved ones a little closer, laugh and play and read and engage with the people and beloved animals around us, and have a joyous, spiritual holiday…

I will be away for the next 2 weeks.  If you would like a reading with me I am booking for the second week in January.  I look forward to reading for you then…

No comments:

Post a Comment