Friday, April 22, 2022

Powerful Performance

 We are just starting to see art created and formed by the lockdowns of the previous two years.  As we gradually come out and return to a newish normal,  this show just reminded me,  viscerally,  of how hard the Covid past has been. 



Bo Burnham is a very talented comedic singer and his new show,  Inside, is both sharp and funny but also one of the best depictions of depression and isolation that I've ever seen.  I would not recommend watching it alone,  but I would definitely recommend watching it with people you trust,  so you can discuss with them how it resonated.  

I'm so glad that we are out of lockdown,  Australia had particularly long and onerous ones.  And now that things are opening up,  I often wonder how these past two years have impacted us,  especially children and young adults.  In a way I had it easy - no small children to home school,  no major life events that I had to miss,  no weddings to cancel,  funerals to zoom.  And still,  I found the reality of Covid sitting heavily on me.  If these past two years depressed or unsettled you,  please know you are not alone.  And if you have trouble reaching out again, now that things are easier,  also know that others are having that difficulty too.  


I personally found meditation,  self talk and practices of gratitude really helped me.  And of course,  tarot readings.  Talking to people about the important things in their lives is always rewarding and grounding for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment